10 June 2013

Spinning Jacob

Ok....so I had picked up some Jacob fibre last year in Michigan and have been trying to figure out what to do with it.  Jan had also picked up the same amount of three colours...off white, gray and brown....which she decided she did not want to spin...so, they were added to my collection and after a little carding to make 5 colours from 3...the spinning began.  Over the last few days I have been at a spinning retreat in Monteagle, TN....really, you say...you went where to spin.  Yes, I did...as I do every year and once again, it was relaxing, rejuvinating and productive.  So nice to disconnect from the outside world for a moment to enjoy spinning with like-minded friends...and new friends.  The weather was beautiful which did lead to Saturday outdoor spinning. 





I managed to get all 3.5 pounds of the Jacob spun for a throw I'll knit at some point this year.  The yarn is bulky...and lofty....and lovely in it's natural state.  Everyone else was spinning beautiful colours....and I was spinning natural....   I'm going to have to spin some colour this week to get the glaze off my eyes.

1 comment:

Elle said...

Looks cushy enough to jump in!!!

The colors are fabulous as well as the spinning I'm sure. Glad you had a good time. I was thinking about you!