25 February 2013

Green Tweed Coat

Ok....so a little bit ago....ok, seriously I think it was November of 2011, I started a Donegal Tweed Alpaca Coat.  I began by using Hannah Fettig's Featherweight Cardigan pattern, but quickly dropped that for my own version of a top down raglan sleeved sweater. 
 
Many of you know I actually started the pattern properly in cashmere and am slowly but surely working on it....stockinette stitch on size 5 needles, yuck.....  But, the coat is finished, has been finished for a bit, but I really wanted to get some shots with someone other than me wearing it....so thank you to Joan who was gracious enough to pose over the weekend.
 
I finished off the coat with a cable rib hem, yoke and cuff.....the cuff being tapered from the center top to the shorter back.  Love this look.

 
This coat is dense, warm and lucious...love it...

2 comments:

captainhook said...

Beautiful! I remember talking with you about this coat during the planning stages. It came out great!

Katherine Hall said...

This is just beautiful! Wonderful work and design, C. Amazing!