15 August 2011

The Refrigerator

Ok...my mum and I got into a discussion about refrigerators last night…..this came about because Liana had asked me about my new frig and if I had named it. I believe she suggested a female name to which I immediately replied…."No way….if anything this is a male frig. With all the noises it makes, it's just like having an old man move in with you." Yes…the frig makes noises. It has a water system and any of you that have one know the pissing noise it makes….then the ice trays being filled, the cubes dropping….it hums and groans a little. I'm getting used to it…and I love it….but it's definitely male.

My mum's frig also has an ice maker, but because there is no water line where her frig lives, the ice maker is not connected and literally turned off. However, the frig still makes noises like it’s trying to fill the trays. Not sure why, it's like it's genetically predisposed to fill the trays...but I figure it's kind of like when you neuter an animal and it humps everything it sees. It doesn't know that nothing is connected.

2 comments:

Elle said...

I am cracking up!!! It's a comforting noise nonetheless.

Jan said...

My frig makes noises, too..rumbly and icy...but alas has no name (well, maybe Drippy these days because of the leak) and I can't get the vision of the humping frig out of my mind now...thanks...